Open to members and non-members, click here for more info.
You can also follow us on Twitter
Why join BCS?
- To demonstrate your commitment to the IT profession
- To show you are serious about your career development
- To set yourself apart from your peers
- To keep up-to-date with latest industry developments
- For our member services and benefits
A quote from one of ours student members sums up what membership means to them:
"Technology is changing at an ever increasing pace, and it's in your interest to make sure that you are up to date. My BCS membership helps with just that."
- Applying online using this link. (Link updated to fix problem with student applications, sorry for any inconvenience caused.).
- A paper application, you can pick up a form at one of our events or contact us with your name and address and we will send one to you.
Some of the benefits
Here are just some of the benefits of joining:
BCS online library:
- Books 24x7 offers unlimited access to 200 top IT and business related eBooks
- Forrester reports up to 3 IT related research reports each month
- EBSCO IT research database BCS have secured a database for members that includes over 5000 Business related journals and magazines and 4000 titles within the Computer and Applied Science Complete database
- eBCS our weekly electronic member newsletter
- IT Now 6 editions per year are produced of the BCS membership magazine
- BCS website has relevant IT information including interviews, breaking industry news, features and games and networking with other like minded IT practitioners and specialists through our new Member Network
Exclusive discounts & benefits including:
- Discounts on BCS publications
- Exclusive deals on software and hardware from leading suppliers
- Free email forwarding facility (email@example.com)
- Train for free with BCS and Sun Microsystems
Unrivalled IT networking opportunities:
- 40 UK Branches
- 15 International Sections
- 45 Specialist Groups including Young Professionals Group (YPG)and BCSWomen, both of which have Dorset Branch representation and events.
- Free access to SFIAplus the UK’s recognised framework for IT knowledge, skills and training
- BCSrecruit.com - the jobsite for IT professionals
- Advancing IT science and practice
- Bringing out the excitement of IT
- Introducing IT to all
- Private and public sector
- Career professionals
- IT/Computing Students
- Industry and commerce
- Service industry
- Health provision
- Law enforcement
- …Everything and everyone